Saturday, October 4th – The annual community celebration Living Local Harvest Festival
Time: October 4th 10-3pm, Living Local Open Stage/Open Mic 3-5pm, Community Supper 5-7:30pm, Live Music 5-10pm
All Events at the Agricultural Hall 35 Panhandle Road, West Tisbury
10-3pm Living Local Harvest Festival
All Day Events for All Ages:
- ‘Energy Carnival’ with Cape Light Compact and the MVRHS
- Print making, chicken hats and poetry celebrating ‘Nancy Luce: Artist, Poet Chicken Lady’ with Martha’s Vineyard Museum
- Kids-crafts with The Farm Institute
- Pumpkin carving with Morning Glory Farm
- Earth Education with Sassafras,
- Field games + Face painting with YMCA of Martha’s Vineyard ‘Fusion’ program
- “Wild edibles” with Felix Neck
- Cow-Chip BINGO! with The Farm Institutes’ ‘Hercules the baby cow’
- Farm animals + Horse rides, “Antique Power”, Harvest Market
- Education with island non-profits, free food and beer tastings with Offshore Ale House and more…
- LOCAL EATS by 7A, Chef Deon’s Kitchen, Chilmark Coffee, Chilmark Baker, Loco Taco, Morning Glory Farm, The Beach Plum Restaurant, The Kitchen Porch
LIVE LOCAL MUSIC with Island Family bands
BIOCHAR “Local options for reducing our carbon footprint” with Nathaniel Mulcahy, Founder, Director of Worldstove LLC. Sponsored by MV Shellfish Group.
Cook with Billy Manson from “Local Wild Food Challenge’
Creating an ‘Island Food Hub’ with Keith Wilda Farm Manager, IGI Thimble Farm and Special Guests.
‘Nature Connection Mentoring’ with Saskia Vanderhoop of Sassafras Earth Education
“Seed Saving” with Ken Green from Hudson Valley Seed Library
“Delicious and Effective Herbal Medicines” with Holly Bellebuono of Vineyard Herbs
3-5pm ‘Living Local Open Stage’
Bring your instruments! All are welcome to participate in LLHF’s first annual open mic. Great prizes!
Sign up on October 4th at the LLHF music stage.
The event was made possible by Dana Edelman, Eric Johnson, YMCA of Martha’s Vineyard ‘Alex’s Place’ Teen Center and Project Next – An Initiative of the MV Youth Task Force
Pig Roast hosted by Living Local and Scottish Bakehouse, “Food with Roots”
- $15 per person, BYO place setting or $2 at the door
- Cash and credit cards accepted (for an additional charge per ticket)
Supper features island-raised pork, local farm veggies, ancient grains, dessert and non- alcoholic beverage.
Food for the first 300 on a first come first served basis.
Made possible with kind contributions by Anson Mills, Beetlebung Farm, Morning Glory Farm, North Tabor Farm, Scottish Bakehouse, The Good Farm, Thimble Farm, Whippoorwhill Farm
Local Beer for sale provided by Offshore Ale House
5-6pm Live Music from Dana Edelman and Charlie Giordano
6-10pm Live music and Contra dance with the Flying Elbows
livinglocalmv.org, visit us on facebook
The Farm Institute, Cape Light Compact
Agricultural Society, Anson Mills, Island Grown Initiative, Island Grown Schools, Vineyard Conservation Society, Cape Air, Cronig’s Market, Mass In Motion, Martha’s Vineyard Savings Bank, Martha’s Vineyard Insurance, Scottish Bakehouse, South Mountain Company, The Martha’s Vineyard Times, Vineyard Energy Project, Project Next – An Initiative of the MV Youth Task Force
And Support From:
7A, ACE MV, Beetlebung Farm, Big Sky Tents, Chef Deon’s Kitchen, Chilmark Coffee, Chilmark Baker, Community Solar Greenhouse, Dana Edelman, Eric Johnson, Felix Neck Wildlife Sanctuary, Ghost Island Farm, Hayes Design Studio, Hudson Valley Seed Library, Island Grown Schools, Island Housing Trust, Island Alpaca, Island Seed Exchange, Kitchen Porch, Loco Taco, Local Wild Foods Challenge, Martha’s Vineyard Commission, Martha’s Vineyard Museum, Morning Glory Farm, MV Public Charter School, MV Shellfish Group, Martha’s Vineyard Sea Salt, Martha’s Vineyard Community Seed Library Coalition, MVRHS Science Program, Native Earth Teaching Farm, Not Your Sugar Mamas, North Tabor Farm, Offshore Ale, Our Island Club, Sassafras Earth Education, Slow Food MV, The Beach Plum Restaurant, Save the Gay Head Lighthouse, The Flying Elbows, The Good Farm, Thimble Farm, Vineyard Alternative Auto, Vineyard Healthcare Access Program, Vineyard Herbs Vineyard Power Cooperative, Whippoorwhill Farm, YMCA of Martha’s Vineyard ‘Fusion’ program & YMCA of Martha’s Vineyard ‘Alex’s Place’ Teen Center